Hair prosthesis loans and hat donation service
Helping you get through hair loss, before it grows back
Undergoing cancer treatment may make you lose your hair. This is one of the most visible side effects. Some women feel ready to face the eyes of others at this stage of the disease; others prefer to borrow a hair prosthesis for a few months, or wear a hat.
We offer free synthetic hair prostheses loans. We also offer a practical hat donation service. As always, both aim to help ease this transition associated with cancer treatment.
Borrow a hair prosthesis, on-site or online
1. Do you live near one of our three service points in Eastern Quebec? Make an appointment to meet one of our sales consultants:
- Matane: 418 562-8525
- Rimouski: 418 724-0600, ext. 2218 | Toll free: 1 800 463-0806
- Sept-Îles: 418 968-0600
2. Unable to travel to Matane, Rimouski or Sept-Îles? Borrow a hair prosthesis online, in three steps:
- Choose from the available prostheses
- Contact our sales consultant (418 724-0600, ext 2218 | 1 800 463-0806 | [email protected]) to check the availability of the chosen prosthesis and proceed with the loan. The hair prosthesis will be sent to you by mail, with maintenance instructions
- When you no longer need the prosthesis, return it immediately to the Association du cancer de l’Est du Québec, indicating your name and phone number for identification. You post the prosthesis to us at your expense. Or you can deposit the prosthesis at the reception of the Hôtellerie Omer-Brazeau, in Rimouski.
Looking after a hair prosthesis
If you borrow a hair prosthesis from the Association du cancer de l’Est du Québec, we provide everything needed to maintain it, for free: shampoo specially designed for synthetic hair, conditioner, special hairbrush and drying stand. Our advisors will teach you how to take care of the prosthesis.
How do you properly maintain a synthetic hair prosthesis, without damaging it? Just follow the instructions we have prepared for you.
Receive a hat
Every woman with cancer in Eastern Quebec may receive a hat (or knit cap) for free. Talented volunteers make these unique hats! The first is given for free by the Association. A contribution is requested if you desire any more. We can also give you a pattern to make your own hat if you wish.
To request your hat, contact our advisor at 418-724-0600 ext. 2218 or 1-800-463-0806 or write to [email protected].